does AOL shut down and restart
The AOL program may encounter an error condition and shut itself down.
When it does, the main AOL window closes and a dialog box labeled Restarting
America Online appears on your screen. At this point, you can choose
to do one of three things
· You can return to your AOL session
· You can sign off of AOL
· You can see the technical details of the error that AOL encountered
To return to your AOL session, method 1
1. Do nothing. The AOL program will attempt to start back up automatically.
2. If it is successful, you will be returned to your session.
To return to your AOL session, method 2
1. Click OK on the Restarting America Online dialog box.
The AOL program will attempt to start back up automatically. If it is
successful, the dialog box will display Success.
2. Click OK and you will be returned to your session.
If AOL is not successful in restarting automatically, the dialog
box displays a flashing Error message.
3. Click OK. You will return to the Sign On screen where you can
start the program in the normal way.
To sign off AOL
· Click Sign Off to log off AOL in the normal way.
To see the technical details of the error AOL encountered
1. Click Details. The dialog box will now display the technical
2. Click OK to close the dialog box.