an AOL shortcut to my desktop
When the AOL software is installed, a shortcut is created on your Windows
desktop, allowing you to quickly and easily sign on. If your desktop icon
is missing, or if it points to a version of the software other than the
one you would like, follow these instructions.
To create an AOL icon on your desktop
1. On the Start menu, select Programs, then click Windows
Explorer (on Windows XP, select All Programs, Accessories, then
click Windows Explorer).
2. Browse to the folder that has your AOL software (e.g., C:\Program Files\America
3. Click the file waol.exe once to select it.
4. On the File menu, click Create Shortcut.
5. Drag the new shortcut icon (Shortcut to waol.exe) to your Windows desktop.
· You can rename your shortcut to something more meaningful to you.
Simply press F2 on your keyboard while the shortcut is selected, type
a new name, then press ENTER.
· To delete a shortcut, drag it to the Recycle Bin. Your AOL
software will still be on your computer.