To change your password
1. In the AOL toolbar, click Settings.
2. In the By Category tab, select Account and Billing.
3. Select Password Reset.
4. In the Change Your Password window, click Change Password.
5. In the Current Password box, type the password you wish to change.
Under Enter new password twice, type your new password in both
7. Click Change Password.
8. Click OK.
· Anyone who knows your password and screen name can sign on to your
account. No one from AOL will ever ask you for your password (or
your credit card number). You should never reveal your password to anyone.
· Use different passwords for each screen name on your account.
· Never download files attached to e-mail from someone you don't know.
These files may contain "Trojan Horse" programs that can give
your password to scam artists without your knowledge.
· You should change your password frequently.
· Report all e-mail password solicitations by clicking Forward
and sending the e-mail to screen name TOS Reports. Report other
password solicitations -- via Instant Messages, for example -- at AOL
Keyword: Notify AOL.
If you are tricked into revealing your password
Online scam artists can succeed in tricking even the most seasoned cyber-veteran.
If this happens to you, change your password immediately. Also change
the passwords for any other screen names on your account.
f you downloaded a suspicious file and think you may have a Trojan Horse
program, call AOL Customer Service immediately at 1-800-AOL HELP