You can have your IMs automatically forwarded to your mobile phone as
a text messages when you're not signed on to the AOL service. Now you
won't have to miss important instant messages The Instant Message feature allows you to have immediate, one-on-one, private chats in real time with other AOL members who are online at the same time as you (or with non-AOL members using the AOL Instant Messenger (TM) service). when you're on the go.
To set up IM forwarding
1. Go to AOL Keyword: IM Forwarding.
2. Review the Terms and Conditions, and then click the Enable IM Forwarding check box.
3. Type your full ten-digit mobile phone number in the boxes provided, and then click Confirm. A four-digit confirmation number will be sent to your mobile phone. This confirmation number is to ensure that your phone supports text messaging.
4. Retrieve the four-digit confirmation number from your mobile phone (turn on your mobile phone if it's not already turned on.)
5. From the IM Forwarding page, type your four-digit confirmation number, and then click OK to complete the setup process. If the code is not delivered right away, click Confirm Later and an e-mail E-mail is typically a one-to-one communications system. With an AOL screen name, you can e-mail with other AOL and Internet users. will be sent reminding you to confirm your forwarding request.
· Your wireless service provider may charge you for this and other text messages you send or receive. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding their pricing plans.
· Unless you are using a mobile phone capable of two-way text messaging from a carrier that allows 2way IM service, you will be unable to respond to any messages forwarded to your phone.
· To edit your IM Forwarding setup at a future time, simply return to AOL Keyword: IM Forwarding.